ShareBeaconhouse National University Lahore Admissions Beaconhouse National University is a leading Liberal Arts educational institution situated at Lahore. The University was organized in 2003 by the management of Beaconhouse School System. Beaconhouse More »
ShareNUML is a public sector university chartered by the Government of Pakistan. It is recognized by Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan. Admissions NUML Peshawar campus has announced Summer admissions for the More »
ShareBahria University is founded by Pakistan Navy in 2000 and since then it is making an effort to play its role in enhancing and providing quality education in Pakistan. Admission Bahria university More »
ShareShaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Medical University is a public sector medical university and is working in association with Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS). Admissions Admissions are required for the following residency More »
ShareShaheed Benazir Bhutto University [ SBBU ] is an emerging public sector university in the center of rural Sindh Province and is funded by Higher Education Commission Pakistan. The university aims at promoting More »
ShareBahria university was established by Pakistan Navy in 2000. Bahria University offers a wide variety of programs ranging from business, computer sciences and psychology, to medical and dental health, and maritime research. Admissions Admissions are opened More »
ShareRiphah International University Islamabad Riphah International University is a renowned educational institution in private sector at Islamabad, Pakistan. This university was organized in 2002 under the Islamic International Medical College Trust. The University More »
Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad Admissions 2012-2013
Quaid-i-Azam University is the biggest research university of Asia, situated in the Margalla Hills, Islamabad, Pakistan. It was originally launched as the “University of Islamabad” in July 1967.
In 1976, the university was renamed to “Quaid-i-Azam University” at the occasion of centenary festivities of the creator of Pakistan Muhammad Ali Jinnah.It is graded as the leading public institution of higher education in Pakistan which has qualified, competent and professionals company of researchers and teachers.It is rated as the best university all around Pakistan by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
Faculties and Departments
The University is composed of four faculties and subsequent departments are affiliated with these faculties:
Faculty of Biological Sciences
- Department of Plant Sciences
- Department of Bio Technology
- Department of Animal Sciences
- Department of BioChemistry
- Department of Microbiology
- National Center for Bioinformatics
Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Electronics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistics
- Institute of Information Technology
- Quaid-i-Azam School of Management Sciences
- School of Economics
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Defence and Strategic Studies
- Department of History
- Department of International Relations
- Taxila Institute of Asian Civilizations
Faculty of Medicine
Subsequent Institutes in Islamabad are associated with this faculty:
- Shifa College of Medicine, Islamabad
- FGSH Postgraduate Medical Institute, Islamabad
- Al-Shifa Eye Trust Hospital Rawalpindi
- Armed Forces Medical College, Rawalpindi
- Health Services Academy, Islamabad
- Quaid e Azam Postgraduate Medical College (QPGMC), PIMS
- National Defence College, Islamabad
- National Institute of Psychology, QAU, Islamabad
- National Institute of Historical and Cultural Research, Islamabad
- National Institute of Pakistan Studies, QAU, Islamabad
- Center of Excellence in Gender Studies
- School of Economics, QAU, Islamabad
- QASMS, QAU, Islamabad
- Computer Centre of Quaid-i-Azam University.
- Area Study Centre for Africa, North & South America
Dr. Raziuddin Memorable Library
Dr. Raziuddin Siddiqui Memorial Libabry is the main Library named on the first Vice-Chancellor of the University. He additionally served as the professor of Physics at the University. The main Library consists of more than 1,95,000 volumes and subscribes above 276 latest titles of worldwide journals. It presents digital collection of bibliographic library data source.The library as well has a significant variety of United Nations library. QAU campus is furthermore associated with HEC digital library which offers accessibility to many online databases across the world.
Admissions For Fall 2013
Eligibility & Merit Criteria For Admission in BS/BBA
- An applicant having a Higher Secondary School Certificate from a Pakistani Board or a comparable certificate from almost any other recognized institution, having minimum second division or its comparable marks and also having or appeared in NTS NAT I-A Test, is only qualified for admission to the Bachelor programme of study.
- Admission to Bachelor’s programme identified by collaboration of Admission Test and Academic marks is presented as below:
Matric or Equivalent 20%
Intermediate or Equivalent 30%
NTS NAT I-A 50%
Eligibility & Merit Criteria For Admission in Masters Programmes
- An applicant possessing a Bachelor’s degree from a Pakistani university or even an comparable degree from almost any other recognized university having minimum second division or its comparable marks, is eligible for admission to the Master’s programme of study.
- Applicants will have to appear in the Pre-admission Aptitude Test for getting admission to programmes of Archaeology,DSS, Electronics, History,Pakistan Studies, Politics & International Relations, Chemistry, Computer Science, Gender Studies, MBA/MPA(NTS NAT II-A Physics, Psychology. The candidates are expected to have an Aptitude Test and qualify it having minimum 40% marks as. The applicants who qualify the aptitude test will be regarded for admission which will be identified strictly on deserve basis without having any credit to the test score.
Eligibility & Merit Criteria For Admission in MPhil Programmes
- Admissions to the programmes leading to the degree of Master of Philosophy(MPhil), are obliged from through out Pakistan and admissions are created on the schedule of merit. Qualified overseas applicants are accepted, as per subject to a valid visa and NOC from HEC.
- An applicant should have hold an MA/MSc/BS (Hons) degree or even its comparable in the specific discipline.
- An applicant should have attained 1st Division in MA/MSc degree or even its comparable or in BA/BSc however no 3rd division in MA/MSc or BA/BSc or perhaps minimum 55% marks in BS (Hons) and also almost all other 4 to 5 years Degrees.
- In an event of 3rd division in FA/FSc, the applicant should have 1st division in both BA/BSc and MA/MSc or its comparable degree or perhaps minimum 60% marks in BS (Hons) and also all other 4 to 5 years Degrees.
Admission Form as well as Prospectus for almost all the educational programmes is usually purchased from the University’s Admissions Section @ Rs.700/- OR by mailing personal addressed envelope to the Assistant Registrar Admissions, along with a Bank Draft of Rs.800/- in favour of “Treasurer, Quaid-i-Azam University” within the date declared. Application form can easily be submitted “ON LINE” (only for Masters Programme) at: www.qau.edu.pk.